- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
I wasn’t sure about a mushroom soup… But this recipe is so easy to put together and is perfect on a cold day with a sandwich for dipping!
- portabella mushrooms - approx 2 cups, coarsely chopped
- lemon juice - 1 tsp
- unsalted butter - 1/2 tbs
- onion - 1 tbs finely chopped
- thyme - 1/8 tsp
- bay leaf - 1/2
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- milk - 1 cup skim or 1% milk
- chicken stock - 3/4 cup
- greek yoghurt - 1/2 cp 0%
- parsley - sprinkled if desired
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with lemon juice.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, and lightly saute the onion.
- Add the mushrooms, thyme, and bay leaf and saute for 10 minutes, until mushrooms are nicely browned
- Add milk and stock and bring to a boil; quickly reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add yoghurt to soup and continue to simmer 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly
- Correct seasoning to taste