- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
No-Crust Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Blend
- carrot - 1, diced
- onion - 1 medium, diced
- celery - 1 stock, diced
- leek - 1, diced (the white end, with tips removed)
- potato - 1, diced
- frozen peas - 1/2 cp
- cremini mushrooms - 1/2 cp chopped
- boneless skinless chicken breast - 1
- butter - 2 tbs
- garlic - 1 tsp minced
- white wine - 1/4 cp
- chicken stock - 1 cp
- milk - 1/2 cp
- whole wheat flour - 1/8 cp
- sea salt & cracked black pepper
- parsley - 1 tsp
- thyme - 1 tsp
- Potato Top
- potatoes - 2, steamed
- whipping cream - 1/3 cp
- butter - 2 tbs
- Cook your chicken breasts (I steam mine for 30 minutes, however you can dice it an fry it as well - make sure to use the same pan with your veggies)
- In a cast iron skillet, melt 2 tbs butter over medium high heat, saute the garlic and vegetables until slightly browned; add cooked, diced chicken
- Add the white wine and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer until the vegetables are tender (this time can vary depending on how small you dice your veggies - for me, it was 10 minutes);
- Mix together flour and milk until the consistency of thick pancake mix (if you need to adjust by adding a little more water, you can); add to the vegetables and chicken, and cook until thickened. Add thyme, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
NOTE: if the overall mix is too thick you can simply add a little more chicken stock to give a more gravy-like texture
- To make the topping, chop up and steam your potatoes (approx 30 minutes until soft); allow to sit for a few minutes to dry after steaming. Add in cream and butter; season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Portion the veggie/chicken mix into individual baking dishes; top woth potatoe and bake for 20 minutes @ 400 degrees.