KitchenAid® Hand Mixer
Alrighty then! This one, you are going to LOVE! First, I’ll start by saying that when I moved away from home, I bought a $10 hand mixer from Zellars (yes, young ones, there used to be a store chain called Zellars), and honestly, it had two speeds – on and off – and it lasted me for, like, 15 years before finally dying (it was a sad day).
But it was a great time to upgrade my gadget to my beloved KitchenAid® brand. And while you may think that the appliance is a little pricey compared to other models, it is actually totally worth it! Let me tell you why:
- It’s KitchenAid® (should I stop now, or keep going? lol)
- The unit itself is extremely light weight and the cord is very firm, and you feel like you’re good and grounded to the outlet
- The main beaters are much thinner than what the typical hand mixers have, and you might assume this means flimsy, however they are anything but! The whisk-like features make whipping things up fast and easy and you can guarantee a PERFECT blend each and every time!
- The mixer also include a Pro Whisk (as if the main ones weren’t enough!), dough hooks (awesome for pizza dough) and a blending rod for more delicate work
- You get your choice of a variety of colours
- And it comes complete with the fabulous KitchenAid® warranty
And, as with all of my KitchenAid® investments, I recommend buying them online where you can. You will often get them for a better price than having to shop around to your local stores. You can also be confident you are not getting a returned item off of the shelf in a store – especially when you are working with motorized parts, things that could have been in someone else’s dishwasher (yuck), or just in case someone returned a lemon that got restocked. Let the post man do all of the work.
Then, ensure that you register your model with KitchenAid® online for warranty purposes. Way better than returning to the store. They simply ship you a new one – the same model or the next step up – if there are any issues.