- Yield: 1 9x9
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Brownies (and zucchini)… That’s about all you need to know about this recipe before running right out to give it a try! Then convince yourself that it’s not soÂ evil to eat them all… after all – it’s veggies!Â Original recipe from www.livethesmartway.com
- all natural peanut butter - 1/2 cp
- pure canadian maple syrup - 1/4 cp
- unsweetened natural applesauce - 1/2 cp
- vanilla - 2 tsp
- unsweetened cocoa powder - 1/2 cp
- gluten free oats - 3/4 cp ( or regular oats if not gluten intolerant)
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- sea salt - 1/4 tsp
- zucchini - 1 1/2 cps shredded
- dark chocolate chips - 3/4 cp (50-70% cocoa)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or coconut oil.
- Place oats in blender or food processor and process until finely ground (like a flour)
- In a large bowl cream together nut butter, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in zucchini, cocoa powder, ground oats, baking soda, and sea salt; mix.
- Gently fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting.