- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Extremely versatile BBQ sauce with a touch of sweetness! I started making this as a one-time deal… but once you’ve enjoyed a couple of jars of this, it’s really hard to go back to the store-bought bottles.
- unsalted butter - 2 tbs
- onion - 1/2 cp finely chopped (use a food processor if you have it)
- chili powder - 1 tsp
- garlic powder - 2 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp
- organic low sodium katchup - 1.5 cp
- molasses - 1/4 cp
- organic raw honey - 2 tbs
- yellow mustard - 2 tbs
- apple cider vinegar - 2 tbs
- worchestershire sauce - 1/2 tbs
- sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Gather all of your ingredients together in little dishes, already measured out – ’cause once you start adding them in, you are not going to want to stop stirring to measure!
- In a large pot, melt half of the butter on medium heat.
- Add the onions and sweat until the onions are translucent, 3 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, garlic salt and paprika, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, molasses, honey, mustard, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (before salt, you will have a very bitter taste – use the salt to balance it out to your liking).
Recipe by Robert Irvine, The Food NetworkAdd to Favourites