- Yield: 14 rolls
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ham & Cheese Rolls
Well, I certainly cannot take credit for this one! This amazing dish had been made by everyone except me, I think. I’ve seen it on Pinterest, allrecipes.com, food.com, and multiple other places – so it’s hard for me to give credit to the original genius… but here’s an homage to that person – whoever they may be!
STEP 1: MAKE YOUR DOUGH
I've been making mine with whole wheat flour, so you'll use a little less than what the recipe calls for. Here's my favourite pizza dough...
Roll the dough out into a square or rectangle, as above.
STEP 2: DRESS UP YOUR DOUGH
The fun part! Add 200g shaved deli ham (your preference), thinly sliced Swiss Cheese, approx 1 cp shredded Monteray Jack cheese, like so:
STEP 3: ROLL UP YOUR DOUGH
Kinda like a cinnamon roll, nice and tight:
Stretch the edge so that the dough closes all of the yummy goodness inside the seam:
STEP 4: SLICE YOUR ROLL INTO 1-1.5" PIECES
... and place in a cake pan (I used two rounds). Notice how they are spaced out a little bit - this is to let them puff up as they bake:
STEP 5: ADD THE GLAZE
In a small pot, melt together:
- 1/2 cp unsalted butter
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tbs poppy seeds
... and brush over each roll:
At this point, you can cover and refrigerate, or bake right away.
STEP 6: BAKE & ENJOY!
350F for approx 20 minutes or until the dough has browned.
And yes, they really DO taste even better than you can imagine!! A guilty pleasure, so maybe make a full batch and give one away ;o)
- all-purpose flour - 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cps
- fleischmann's® pizza crust yeast - 1 envelope
- sugar - 1-1/2 tsp
- salt - 3/4 tsp
- very warm water - 2/3 cp (120 to 130°f)*
- oil - 3 tbs
- deli ham - 200g shaved
- swiss cheese - 9 slices
- monteray jack cheese - 1 cp shredded
- unsalted butter - 1/2 cp
- brown sugar - 2 tbs
- dijon mustard - 1 tbs
- worchestershire sauce - 1 tbs
- poppy seeds - 1/2 tbs
- MAKE THE DOUGH: Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Pat dough with floured hands and roll into a square shape on parchment paper.
- ADD YOUR TOPPINGS: Add 200g shaved deli ham (your preference), thinly sliced Swiss Cheese, approx 1 cp shredded Monteray Jack cheese.
- ROLL UP THE DOUGH INTO A LOG: Kinda like rolling a cinnamon roll log. Stretch the edge so that the dough closes all of the yummy goodness inside the seam.
- SLICE the roll into 1-1.5″ pieces (try to get 14 individual pieces) and place into two round cake pans.
- MAKE THE GLAZE: In a small pot, melt together all glaze ingredients, and brush evenly over all of the rolls. At this point you can cover and refrigerate (even overnight if you want to make them in advance), or bake right away.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes until the dough is golden brown. Cool and enjoy!