- Yield: 2 cp
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Years ago, when I wanted to start cooking, but didn’t know ANYTHING, my hubby bought me a food processor. First thing I tried to make was the guac that was listed in the recipes that came with the processor. It was a disaster and I ended up with WAY too much cilantro all over the place. And, sadly, I never tried again. (Also sad was that the food processor quickly made its way to the Kitchen Gadget Graveyard… sad…)
Until this morning! An amazing recipe from a Pinterest screenshot (if I knew the author, I would gladly credit them!)… tried and voila! Success!!! I can’t wait until lunch to have this with a little salsa chicken!!
- ripe avocados - 4 (a little give when you squeeze them), diced and mashed
- lime juice - 1 tbs
- red onion - 1/4 cp finely diced
- ripe roma tomatoes - 1 large, seeds and pulp removed, and then diced
- garlic - 1 clove minced
- cilantro - 1 tbs dehydrated (or finely chopped) cilantro (or more if you prefer)
- cayenne pepper - dash
- sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Mash the avocado and add all of the remaining ingredients. I like mine a little saltier – just enough to really bring out the hint of the tomato. Chill and serve!