Dan’s Pico Di Gallo
This recipe is wonderful! It's Dan's recipe, another neighbour-turned-friend (you'll remember his wife's Red Velvet Cupcakes!). He's always cooking up something, and if you're ever lucky enough to be invited for a casual dinner, this fancy little Pico is one of any number of amazing delicious treats you'll get from their kitchen.
Now, when he provided me this recipe, he had two jalapenos to start, and then added a bunch more at the end. Not for me... I accidentally made it with two tiny ones and almost DIED! So, down to one and it was just right for me. You can adjust the spice level to whatever works for you.
- grape tomatoes - 2 small containers
- green onions - 3
- red onion - 1/2 medium
- jalapeno peppers - 1, seeded
- limes - 2, juiced
- evoo - splash
- sea salt & cracked black pepper - dash of each
- cilantro - to taste
- Pulse and drain the tomatoes in a food processor then drain in colander
- Seed jalapeños
- Chop onions, jalapenos, cilantro and put into food processor. Add olive oil lime juice and pulse
- Put all pulsed ingredients into a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add more olive oil and lime juice if needed