- Yield: 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4h 20 min
Pulled Pork with Ginger-Whiskey Sauce
Cook your meat in a slow cooker, and then shred away! It’s a no-fail recipe!
- onion - 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- boneless pork shoulder - 1 kg
- ginger ale - 1 small can
- apple jelly - 1/2 cp
- ketchup - 1/2 cp
- apple-cider vinegar - 1/4 cp
- Canadian Club whiskey* - 1/6 cp (original recipe called for bourbon, but this one turned out amazing!)
- worcestershire sauce - 1 tbs
- Franks red hot sauce* - 1 tsp
- garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger - 1/4 tsp (i'm not a big ginger fan, but this worked out)
- (taken from Chatelaine) Place onion slices in an even layer in slow-cooker insert. Trim skin and any excess fat from pork. Lay over onion. Pour in ginger ale. Cover and cook on high until meat is very tender, about 4 hours.
- Remove pork to a large cutting board and onion to a large bowl. Discard liquid. Using two forks, shred pork.
- Whisk apple jelly with ketchup, vinegar, Whiskey*, Worcestershire, hot sauce*, garlic powder and ground ginger in a large saucepan, then set over medium-high.
- Bring to a boil, whisking occasionally, until apple jelly is dissolved and sauce is smooth; continue to slow-boil for 6 minutes (will thicken sauce and begin to thicken slightly). Add shredded pork and onion.
- Stir until all meat is coated with sauce. Remove from heat. Serve on your choice of buns* with regular or sweet coleslaw (shown with mini whole wheat buns)