- Prep Time: 2h 30 min
- Cook Time: 2h 30 min
Sirloin Tip Roast
I love a great pot roast… full of flavour, juicy… but of course – easy to make! This one was fabulous from www.bsinthekitchen.com. Yummmmm!
- Start off by salting the roast the day before you’re going to be cooking it (this will give a more flavorful evenly salted roast). Evenly rub the salt over the roast, take plastic wrap and tightly wrap it around the roast, then place on a plate/bowl in your refrigerator.
- The next day, remove the roast about an hour before cooking (allowing it to warm to room temperature).
- Unwrap the meat from the plastic wrap, dry any moisture off with a towel.
- Place your oven rack in the middle and preheat to 250 degrees. While the oven is preheating, rub your roast with 1/2 tbs oil and minced garlic, then evenly rub with your spice mixture (pepper, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes).
- In a large cast iron pan on medium-high heat, heat with a tablespoon of oil, sear each side of your roast until browned (3-4 minutes per side).
- Once oven is preheated, place the roast on a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook the roast for about an hour and 20 minutes, or until the meat reaches 115F on your meat thermometer.
- Turn your oven off, leaving the roast in for about 30-40 minutes or until it reaches 130F for medium rare, or 140F for medium. Leave door closed this whole time to keep the heat in.
- After the roast reaches the desired temperature, remove from the oven and allow to rest 15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Instructions copied from www.bsinthekitchen.comAdd to Favourites