- Yield: 3-4 dozen
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
We love chocolate chip cookies around here. Well, who doesn’t, really? And I have have another go-to great recipe on this site that we’ve made for years, but I confess, after playing around with this one, we haven’t even thought about making our old favourite! This one is so good, and the hint of walnut just adds that perfect finishing touch!
I have done this recipe with real organic sugar, or sugar substitutes like Splenda, and they are perfect every time.
I usually get 8 to a pan (I like my cookies spoonful-sized) which spaces them out nice and even. And if you have a good quality oven, you can also bake three rakes of them at once without risking one pan burning or being under done.
They will cook in about 12-13 minutes, but you'll know when the edges start to lift away from the pan like you see in the above photo. Yes, they are still soft-centred, but you don't want to over cook them.
Take them out of the oven and let them cool on the pan. they will flatten themselves out a little bit and be the PERFECT chewy chocolate chip cookie!
- butter - 1 cp softened
- brown sugar - 1 cp packed
- splenda or organic sugar - 1 cp
- egg - 2
- vanilla - 2 tsp
- baking soda - 2 tsp (dissolved in 2 tsp hot water right before using)
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- all-purpose flour (or whole wheat if you prefer) - 2 cp
- oats - 1 cp finely ground
- semi-sweet chocolate chips - 2 cp
- walnuts - 1 cp chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Cream together butter and 2 sugars
- Add eggs and beat until smooth
- Add dissolved baking soda and vanilla, and blend in
- Fold in with a spoon: flour, oat flour, chocolate chips and walnuts
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet (about 9 per sheet)
- Bake for approximately 12-13 minutes until the edges start to brown
- Remove from the pan to cool
Original recipe modified from allrecipes.comAdd to Favourites