- Yield: 1
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Pizza Dough Recipe
HINT: If you like your pizza crust with a firmer bottom, heat your pizza stone in the oven for about 30 minutes before putting your dough on there - it will bake up the bottom even more.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky.
- Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.