- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4h 30 min
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
This is a fantastic meal on the go!!
- ground turkey - 2 lb
- onion - 1 cp, chopped
- celery - 1 cp, chopped
- green pepper - 1 cp, chopped
- tomato base - 2 cp, pureed (see instructions)
- tomatoe - 2 sm cn tomatoe paste
- ketchup - 1/4 cp
- frank's red hot sauce - 1 tbs
- prepared mustard - 4 tbs
- brown sugar - 2 tbs
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- evoo - 4 tsp
- whole grain buns
- In a large skillet, heat evoo, cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat cooked; drain.
- Stir in the tomato base, ketchup, mustard, honey and pepper.
- Transfer to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve on a whole grain bun.
(Green = 1.5, Red = 2, Yellow = 2, Yellow Substitute = 0.25, Tsp = 2)
I am including the container values for my own reference (and anyone else wanting to do this)... but keep in mind, these are my recipes and not provided by or approved by or associated with, or anything else 'with', the 21 Day Fix. In fact, it may be a little generous at times, or ingredients may be different based on what we like to eat. It's meant to be a guide.