- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
BBQ Chicken Nachos
This is an amazing twist on nachos, and an instant favourite at our house. The key for us is using our own BBQ sauce, which I generally keep stocked in the fridge anyway.
- Prepare the Chicken
- avocado or olive oil - 1 tbs
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts - 2, diced small
- sea salt - 1 tsp
- cracked black pepper - 1 tsp
- garlic powder - 2 tsp
- chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- BBQ Sauce - 3/4 cp (see directions)
- Assemble the Nachos
- Nacho chips - Shown with blue corn
- Low milk fat tex mex cheese blend - 1 1/2 - 2 cp
- Red onion - 1/4 cp, finely diced
- ripe roma tomatoe - 1
- Bacon bits - sprinkle
- Avocado - 1, diced
- Parsley - Garnish
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add chicken and all spices. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add BBQ Sauce (here's the recipe to make your own, which is our favourite!) and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes and all of the chicken is cooked.
- In a cast iron skillet or cookie sheet, layer chips, a small amount of cheese, avocado, bacon bits, chicken, the remaining cheese and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake at 350 for approx 15 minutes or until all of the cheese is melted. Serve with Avocado Ranch or sour cream.