- Yield: Approx 2 cups
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
What’s a turkey without cranberry sauce? You’ll never use the canned kind again!
So here’s the confession on this one… I used good ol’ granulated, processed sugar! Mostly because I was unsure how a sugar substitute would react to this type of ‘jamming’ of fruit… But I promise to give it a try next time ;o)
** UPDATE ** tried with a sugar substitute… did NOT work… at all… Not even remotely. So this will have to be one of those holiday splurges… BUT – SO WORTH IT! Just try not eat the whole container! :o)
- Place 3.5 cp frozen cranberries into a sauce pan, keeping the last 1/2 cup aside until the end
- Add sugar, orange zest and water to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook until the cranberries burst, about 12 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the reserved cranberries.
- Add a small dash of sea salt and pepper and cool to room temperature before serving.