- Yield: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Lobster Mashed Potatoes
- Boil a large pot and add the lobster tails; cook for 10 minutes and remove to cool
- In a seperatepot, add diced potatoes and boil until soft; remove from heat but do not drain
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the inside of the tail lengthwise down the middle, and use a fork to scoop out the meat; dice into small pieces and set aside (do not wash the pot - will use in step 6)
- Place lobster shells in a medium pot; pour 3 cups of cold water and bring to a boil; cover and simmer 10 minutes to make a broth
- Drain broth into a bowl and discard shells; return to the pot and boil until liquid is reduced by half (approx 2/3 cp remaining); measure out 1/2 cup and discard the rest
- In lobster pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add lobster and green onions. Saute for 3 minutes to flavor the butter. Set aside
- Drain potatoes and return to pan. Shake over medium heat to evaporate any remaining water. Remove from heat. Add the 1/2 cup lobster broth, salt and pepper. Mash by hand with a potato masher until fairly smooth.
- Add enough of the heated cream to produce a fluffy texture, mashing until smooth. Taste mashed potatoes and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Add the butter, lobster, and onions. Mix thoroughly. Sprinkle with chives.
Modified from original recipe from About.comAdd to Favourites