- Prep Time: 15 minutes
For the main ingredient - the pyrogy - I have a recipe passed down from my husband's grandmother... which I have yet to master (actually, every time I try, it's just a plain old disaster!)
So, I buy mine from a local Ukrainian food market, and they are amazing (if you are in the Edmonton area, check them out). You can easily do the same using store bought Cheemo pyrogies as well.
- Bring to a boil a medium pot of water (make sure it is a full boil to avoid the pyrogies from falling apart or becoming mushy)
- Add pyrogies to the water and stir; continue to boil until they float
- Meanwhile, in a cast iron skillet, melt the butter and cook your onion until browning
- Add well-drained pyrogies and sprinkle rosemary and sage over them
- Toss in the skillet until browned slightly, and serve with sour cream.
Oh my – delish!!Add to Favourites