- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8h 00 min
Slow Cooker Chili
A very hearty and healthy chili. Set it in the slow cooker in the morning, and top with feta by dinner! Another great portion freeze option as well!
- extra lean ground beef - 2 lbs
- red kidney beans - 2 cans, drained and rinsed
- onion - 1 large, diced
- carrot - 1 large, diced
- bell peppers - 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange, diced
- garlic - 3 cloves, smashed and chopped
- V8 vegetable juice - 2 cp
- diced tomatoes - 1 can drained
- Tomato paste - 1 small can
- worchestershire sauce - 1 tsp
- chili powder - 1 tsp
- cumin - 1 tsp
- paprika - 2 tsp
- Franks red hot - 2 tbs
- ground black pepper - 1 tsp, plus extra for meat
- sea salt - 2 tsp, plus extra for meat
- Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, season with salt and pepper, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
- Place the beef and all other ingredients into a slow cooker and cook for 8 hours on low, remembering to test in the last hour or two to adjust the salt seasoning.
Optional – sprinkle feta cheese on top