- Yield: 1
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
In trying to find yummy foods to go with the 21 Day Fix (which is all calculated on portion control for each food group), the key is to find delicious ways to bring all of the elements together, or I'd be eating buckets of boring broccoli (#beentheredonethat #boughtthetshirt #nolongerfits #needflavour #nomnomnom).
Here's a great little lunch packed with lotsa flava'! I really love the use of the garlic and the fresh herbs... it gives this little flatbread an awesome kick, but oh so creamy.
When you make your own, don't forget to take a photo and share it online at Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #recipesbyjenn and by tagging @recipesbyjenn. That way, I can see your photos and share them with all my friends! Plus, I get to feature them on this site along with all my other photos!
- whole grain wrap - 9
- roasted garlic - 6 cloves plus drizzle evoo
- chicken breast - 4oz finely diced and fried in 1 tbs olive oil
- lite ricotta cheese - 1/4 cp
- dried oregano - 1/2 tsp
- organic honey - 1/2 tsp
- olive oil - 1 tsp
- sea salt & cracked black pepper
- low milk fat mozza cheese - thinly sliced (one 21x portion)
- fresh spinach - 1 cp. shredded
- cherry tomatoes - 1/2 cp, halved
- fresh basil - shredded
- evoo - to drizzle
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- take your peeled garlic cloves and place them onto a piece of tin foil and drizzle with oil as instructed in the ingredients list; fold up the foil and place it in the oven for 25 minutes. This will soften the garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, oregano, honey, 1 tsp olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper; set aside
- Finely dice up your chicken (note, this is easier if your chicken is slightly frozen - but no not freeze previously thawed chicken!)
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a skillet and add your chicken pieces; sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink
- When your garlic is done, remove it from the foil, add it to your cheese mixture and mix well
- Lay your wrap onto a cookie sheet and place dollops of the cheese blend evenly around your pizza. I find that you can do 5 outer dollops, and one centre
- Sprinkle your chicken, shredded spinach and tomatoes on top; finished with mozza slices and fresh basil
- Drizzle with a very small amount of evoo and place into the oven for 15 minutes
(Green = 2, Red = 2, Yellow = 1, Blue = 1, Orange = 1, 1 tsp = evoo)
I am including the container values for my own reference (and anyone else wanting to do this)... but keep in mind, these are my recipes and not provided by or approved by or associated with, or anything else 'with', the 21 Day Fix. In fact, it may be a little generous at times, or ingredients may be different based on what we like to eat. It's meant to be a guide.