- Yield: 2
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
And... every once in a while, a recipe just gets weird... lol.
Needing to mix it up a little, we decided to start throwing ingredients into a pot, and we'll just see what comes out. Then, Hubby and I stand over said pot and try to think of something clever to name our little creation. And sometimes... well, we're not always creative... Ha! Case in point - SJ BBQ Rib Express (what the heck were we thinking that day?! Ha!)
So behold - Smish Smosh!
Start by heating the evoo in a pan; add ground turkey, onion and garlic and cook until the turkey is almost completely cooked through. Add chopped peppers and celery and dry pasta and cook until the pasta has softened (approx 20-25 minutes).
Next, add basil, parsley and parmesan cheese and mix together.
Serve in a bowl with a little additional cheese if desired.
And when choosing the type of pasta you'd like to use, I recommend trying to find a Spelt pasta. It is very good for you and falls in the Ancient Grain family!
When you make your own, don't forget to take a photo and share it online at Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #recipesbyjenn and by tagging @recipesbyjenn. That way, I can see your photos and share them with all my friends! Plus, I get to feature them on this site along with all my other photos!
- extra lean ground turkey - 1 lb
- red pepper - 1 cp, chopped
- celery - 1 cp, chopped
- onion - 1 cp, chopped
- tomato sauce - 1 cp, homemade (see instructions)
- garlic - 3 cloves
- dry pasta - 1 cp
- sea salt & cracked black pepper
- fresh basil - 5-6 large leaves, chopped
- fresh parsley - 1/4 cp, chopped
- fresh parmesan - approx 2 tbs grated
- evoo - 2 tsp
- Heat the evoo in a pan; add ground turkey, onion and garlic and cook until the turkey is almost completely cooked through
- Add chopped peppers, celery, dry pasta and homemade tomato sauce and cook until the pasta has softened (approx 20-25 minutes)
- Add basil, parsley and parmesan cheese and mix together
- Serve in a bowl with a little additional cheese if desired
(Green = 2, Red = 1.5, Yellow = 1, Blue = 1, Tsp = 1)
I am including the container values for my own reference (and anyone else wanting to do this)... but keep in mind, these are my recipes and not provided by or approved by or associated with, or anything else 'with', the 21 Day Fix. In fact, it may be a little generous at times, or ingredients may be different based on what we like to eat. It's meant to be a guide.